Tina Christoudias-Spyrou: The Root Causes of PCOS #42
9 May 2019
Tina Christoudias-Spyrou (@thethyroiddietician) is a Harvard-trained registered dietitian with nearly 18 years of experience as a nutrition counselor. Having had personal experience with hypothyroidism, she specializes in diet protocols for Hashimoto’s thyroiditis and hypothyroidism and has a book called, Tired of Feeling Tired? She also writes for several international nutrition blogs. Tina is a strong advocate of the Paleo diet and is an Autoimmune Protocol Certified Coach.
In today's episode, Tina identifies the possible root causes of PCOS and how to go about treating them to achieve hormonal balance naturally.
- Why it's important to get to the root cause of PCOS
- Why you need to take a holistic and personalized approach to heal your PCOS and hormonal imbalance
- What is insulin resistance
- Symptoms of insulin resistance
- Diet tips to insulin resistant PCOS
- Supplements for insulin resistant PCOS
- Causes of insulin resistance
- The impact on sugar on our health
- What is heavy metal toxicity?
- Can you eat carbs if you have PCOS and insulin resistance?
- Should you go gluten-free for PCOS?
- Are nightshade plants bad?
- The gut and PCOS
- What is leaky gut?
- Diet tips for gut health
- What is the elimination diet?
- Parasitic infections and hormonal imbalances
- The link between the thyroid and PCOS
- Thyroid tests
- Supplements for the thyroid
- Adrenal dysfunction and PCOS
- How to treat adrenal dysfunction
- Common food intolerances
- Common nutrient deficiencies
You can find the transcript of this episode below.
Want to hear the first time Tina was on the podcast? — Listen to our conversation here. In that interview, Tina discusses the link between PCOS and thyroid and how to find out whether the root cause of your PCOS is your thyroid. We discuss what diet and lifestyle changes you can make to heal your thyroid and balance your hormones. (Stream below or right-click here to download)
Hey there! I am Despina Pavlou, founder of PCOS Oracle and online coach. I want to share with you the diet and lifestyle changes I made to naturally reverse my PCOS and achieve hormonal balance. I believe using my holistic approach you too can take back control from PCOS.
Jessica is a natural fertility specialist with over 14 years of experience in reproductive health. In this episode, we talk all about PCOS and fertility. Jessica identifies how to improve fertility through diet, lifestyle and supplements.
Episode 45 of the PCOS and Nutrition podcast welcomes back Jessica Ash! In today’s episode of the podcast we speak about a very popular topic in the PCOS community… and that is the Birth Control Pill.
PCOS is one of the leading causes of infertility. In episode 44 of the PCOS and Nutrition podcast, Farrar Duro DOM, FABORM, discusses PCOS and fertility and provides tips on how to boost PCOS fertility.