Dr. Lara Briden: How To Regain and Regulate Your Period #40
25 April 2019
Dr. Lara Briden ( @larabriden) is a naturopathic doctor and the period revolutionary—leading the change to better periods. Informed by a strong science background and more than twenty years with patients, Lara is a passionate communicator about women's health and alternatives to hormonal birth control. Her book Period Repair Manual is a manifesto of natural treatment for better hormones and better periods and provides practical solutions using nutrition, supplements, and natural hormones. Now in its second edition, the book has been an underground sensation and has worked to quietly change the lives of tens of thousands of women across the globe.
Today's episode is jam-packed full of information. Dr. Briden talks about the menstrual cycle, why it's so important, how to regain and regulate your period.
- Hormones women need to be aware of and that are involved in the cycle. (5:36)
- Why women need to have a healthy and regular cycle. (7:32)
- Average Length of a cycle (10:41)
- How long the bleed should last (11:14)
- How much menstrual fluid should you lose during your cycle (11:18)
- Pain isn't a symptom or normal. (seek medical advice if suffering severe pain) (11:44)
- Causes of heavy periods. (13:05)
- Healthy Period color (16:15)
- Causes for a lost or irregular period (17:34)
- Why you shouldn't rely solely on an ultrasound for a PCOS diagnosis (19:00)
- The average age to get a period (24:22)
- Why the Birth Control Pill is not the answer to regaining or regulating your period (24:50)
- Dietary tips for regaining your period (28:08)
- Should you follow Intermittent Fasting (33:26)
- Lara's biggest pieces of advice for regaining your period (35:25)
- Should you avoid fruit if you suffer from insulin resistance (41:13)
- Lifestyle factors for regaining your period (43:05)
- Supplements for PCOS (44:50)
- Lara's word of encouragement (45:40)
You can find the transcript of this episode below.
Hey there! I am Despina Pavlou, founder of PCOS Oracle and online coach. I want to share with you the diet and lifestyle changes I made to naturally reverse my PCOS and achieve hormonal balance. I believe using my holistic approach you too can take back control from PCOS.
Jessica is a natural fertility specialist with over 14 years of experience in reproductive health. In this episode, we talk all about PCOS and fertility. Jessica identifies how to improve fertility through diet, lifestyle and supplements.
Episode 45 of the PCOS and Nutrition podcast welcomes back Jessica Ash! In today’s episode of the podcast we speak about a very popular topic in the PCOS community… and that is the Birth Control Pill.
PCOS is one of the leading causes of infertility. In episode 44 of the PCOS and Nutrition podcast, Farrar Duro DOM, FABORM, discusses PCOS and fertility and provides tips on how to boost PCOS fertility.